Career Level Entry-level
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
We are building a semiconductor test development hub and are hiring test development engineers. We are looking for a whole horde of you to develop and code test programs for Automated Test Equipment (ATEs) to test a wide range of products including RF, analogue, mixed-signal and digital devices, SOCs and FPGAs for the automotive, IOT and consumer electronics sectors of the market.
You will have the opportunity to learn and work on the most advanced ATE platforms Advantest, Teradyne, Xcerra and National Instruments have to offer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement test programs on specific ATE platforms
- Development activities will include test specification analysis, test methodology development, and coding of test programs.
- Implementation activities include code debug, characterization of the program with the device and optimization.
- Work with our customers to introduce new products or increase output of high volume products by developing better tests, enabling multi-site testing and/or optimizing tests in the customer’s HVM environment
- Your end-goal is to provide a superior test solution with test coverage that is debuggable, predictable and repeatable.
- And if you have more than 5 years of experience, your additional role is to train and mentor junior engineers to ensure that the knowledge and expertise you built over the past years are passed over to the next generation.
- BSEE/MSEE degree with 0-10 years’ experience in the semiconductor product or test development field.
- Ability to understand and decipher product specifications and test methods.
- Ability to understand, debug, modify and improve ATE test programs so knowledge in programming is needed. We work with all tester platforms so as long as you’ve driven a big-iron tester from old Tiger/Catalysts to the newer UltraFlexes/Wavescales, we want to hear from you!
- C++, Python or other scripting languages is a huge plus!
- Knowledge and experience with any of the DFX such as IODFTs, BIST, SCAN, memory algorithmic testing is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with analogue/mixed-signal test instruments such as AWG’s, High-speed Digitizers, and serial port PHY instrumentation will help!
- Addendum: We’ve trained up some experienced system validation engineers to be helluva good test development engineers so we believe that if you have very strong fundamentals in electrical engineering, you could be a good candidate if you’re willing to learn.