Career Level Mid-level
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
CG Generalists are responsible for completing many tasks in 3D: animation, modelling, look dev, etc. This position involves adapting to the needs of a project as it progresses and potentially pivoting between roles for different projects.
- Comfortable completing a diverse array of 3D tasks, including animation, modelling, look dev, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, and tracking. Familiarity with compositing basics is a plus.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with After Effects / Nuke Compositors assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organisational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful CG Generalist:
- Strong technical knowledge of various aspects of CG at an advanced level.
- Thorough understanding of directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies.
- Experience embracing the balance of quality and time constraints.
- Strong creative abilities including understanding of colour theory, motion and lighting principles.
- Positive attitude and team motivator
Working Knowledge of several of the following tools:
- Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender
- Octane Render, Redshift
- Zbrush, Mudbox
- Substance Painter/Designer, Mari
- After Effects / Nuke
- Realflow / X-particles