Career Level Entry-level
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
As an IR4.0 software engineer, you will deliver IR4.0 automated solutions for complex, high-tech manufacturing processes. You will work closely with other teams to help discover and eliminate problems by gathering requirements and implementing various automation solutions. This will include system integration with IR4.0 software products which encompasses hands-on experience with software and hardware.:
- Identify opportunities for automation within the manufacturing processes.
- Design and execute software solutions to automate manufacturing functionality including but not limited to equipment status monitoring, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) tracking, machine reporting and alerts.
- Develop next generation software capabilities for manufacturing operations.
- Implement solutions involving databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or manufacturing processes.
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering – Computer/Telecommunication or equivalent
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in the semiconductor or other relevant industry with a focus on system automation is preferred.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming such as C#, C++, Java, ASP.NET
- Knowledge and experience of MS SQL database scripting
- Familiarity with web-based programming and Internet Information Services
- Knowledge of VB6, Perl and Python will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in Linux OS will be an added advantage