Career Level Entry-level
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
UMAI provides software to restaurants helping them save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service, as well as marketing opportunities.
UMAI operates across 4 continents, with offices in 3 countries.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by a former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Next start date: As soon as possible
- Minimum Duration : 4-6 months.
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
First and foremost, you will ensure that UMAI reaches its headcount growth goals across several countries in the Asia Pacific region while maintaining a fun, but hard-working culture.
- You will source for candidates on LinkedIn, Facebook + other platforms and screen their CVs
- You will handle interviews and fill in a scorecard about your candidates.
- You will establish lasting relationships with your candidates and follow up with them
- You will own recruitment projects: e.g. you’ll identify where to source a role and build your international recruiting pipeline
- You will onboard new employees into the UMAI family from contract preparation to their first weeks with us
- You will support the People & Culture team while we grow as a company and take over your own projects and responsibilities (administrative processes, employer branding, cultural topics, planning events etc.)
- You will help your team to improve UMAI’s culture by organizing team events and other initiatives
- You will work alongside and with our Head of People and Culture and together shape the People & Culture Department and company further.
- You have studied or are studying Human Resources, Recruiting, Business, Management, Psychology/Social Sciences
- This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship (e.g. working student jobs or internships, or through a company you have founded).
- You have a keen interest in the startup world, and also in developing people and improving company culture.
- You have great relationship building and communication skills.
- You have an innovative state of mind.
What we offer:
- A fantastic internship program! You will be working in a great atmosphere along with a fun, dynamic and highly exhilarating international team members with flat hierarchies.
- You would be trained by the industry’s leading professionals.
- You’ll have an insight into all relevant aspects of founding a company, and the opportunity to build up an impactful, international network.
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility giving you the opportunity to learn & experience the world of work.